Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday.


Fridays are supposed to be my major writing days because Nathan is at school, Kris is at work and I don't work at my paying job.  For the last several weeks though, I've been going into the office on Fridays to try to catch up and stop a weekend-long worry spree about my to-do list.  I'm not complaining about it, it's a means to an end and I'm OK with that, but it's cramping my writing style.  

No blog post went up on Friday, and that annoys me.  I couldn't even churn out crap to post.

The upside is that Sundays are becoming a major writing day.  This is rather odd to me because by all accounts I really shouldn't have any time to write.  There are always chores and errands and fun family stuff to be done.  Some times we hang with friends or have birthday parties and other assorted goings-ons.

Also, and this may be my favorite part of Sundays, I do my best to adhere to 6pm bedtime for the child.  By the time Sunday rolls around, he is in one hell of a rancid mood.  He's overtired, there's less structure (which basically means the grown ups needing to do something bores him) and he just starts pushing buttons.  He has always been an early riser and the weekend is usually worse.  If we have a later Saturday night (you know, like 9pm), he is up earlier than he should be and the whole attitude situation gets worse.

I usually put him in the bath tub around 4-something to let him soak and play.  Then I get him cleaned up and jammies on.  Give him some dinner and dessert and that kid is in his bed by 6 or 6:30 at the latest.  It's absolutely selfish of me to want to have a quiet evening, but I know he needs the sleep.   I'm sure you're wondering how he can go to sleep when it's daylight out and if he wakes up with the birds on Monday morning.  He has been going to bed early all his life, so the sun isn't an issue.  And no, he only wakes up his regular ridiculously early on Monday, not extra ridiculously early.  So between 5:30 and 6.

Anyway, my point was that with all that we try to get done, plus an early bedtime, I don't know how I'm finding the time to write so much.  But the week's blogs are ready to go and I have a piece of memoir work swirling around that's almost ready to put on the screen.  The kid is finishing up in the tub as I finish this post up (trying to make up for my no-show Friday).  Incidentally, I now find the hallway outside of the bathroom a lovely place to write.  I can see the kid in the tub, but we're not in the same room so I can almost tune out the incessant babbling.

So tune in tomorrow and Tuesday for new posts and give me about 5 more years (at least) and maybe you'll get to see the memoir stuff.  For now, I've got 59 minutes until a child is in bed, I'm eating homemade boneless buffalo wings and I'm sitting front of the TV catching up on Fringe (only 56 more episodes!).  
~~~
Thanks for reading!
You can follow my blog by entering your email on the sidebar.  
You can like me on Facebook HERE! You can follow me on Twitter HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment