I've been talking about it, and I can't seem to get it completed. So I'm going with this as is, with a few slots open for new goal. I have 1279 days until I turn 40 and my goal is to do 40 great things by then.
Some of these things sound like chores. And for many people, they are just chores. But for me, they are things that are hanging over my head as things I want to do but I can't get done. Life gets in the way. Things like real chores, like vacuuming and such.
I'm pressed for time and I'm rapidly losing the ability to stay awake. There are many things I could write about these list items, but that's for another day. Some of these things need to be fleshed out, to be made less vague and more quantifiable. But that's for another day, too.
Without further delay, the 40 By 40 List, so far:
1. Run a 5k.
2. Run a 10k.
3. Run a half marathon.
4. Lose 40 pounds.
5. Make significant steps toward reducing animal products in my diet.
6. Finish my memoir.
7. Publish my memoir.
8. Buy Long Term Care insurance.
9. Visit with a financial planner and map out a goal for retirement.
10. Create and utilize a budget.
11. Read 50 books.
12. Redesign my blog under my own domain name.
13. Sort and organize my mother's belongings.
14. Live a more minimalist lifestyle.
15. Save enough money to purchase our next vehicle in cash.
16. Attend another blogging conference.
17. Eliminate my dependence on caffeine.
18. Unplug for one full week.
19. Get a paid writing job.
20. Create a usable space in the home office.
21. Bag, Board and Catalog comic/magazine collection.
22. Organize CD collection.
23. Organize DVD collection.
24. Create usable living space in attic.
25. Create usable living space in basement.
26. Organize (digitize?) all old writings.
27. Make go-bags for all family members.
28. Create an emergency bin with supplies.
29. Buy a really awesome, unnecessarily expensive pair of jeans that make my ass look amazing.
30. Buy a killer dress - cocktail? ball gown? I don't know.
31. Go to some event that requires me to wear the aforementioned dress.
32. Go zip-lining.
Edited January 1, 2013.