Sunday, November 25, 2012

25. Procrastination.

I blame Paplinko.  But it really only explains why I didn't get anything done today.  It doesn't really account for the rest of this weekend.

I brought work home on Wednesday and I promised myself I'd make time to do it on Friday.  I didn't though because I found other very important things to do.  I worked on some projects around the house and spent time with the family.  See? Important.

Then I said I'd do work on Saturday.  Nathan wasn't really interested in napping.  I mean, he's nearly six, so I don't really know what I was expecting.  And I had to make a dish to bring to Friends Thanksgiving.  I never have enough leftovers to bring to the event so I always plan to make a fresh vegetable the day of. This year it was roasted cauliflower and carrots with parmesan and breadcrumbs.  It was a very delicious, important reason to not get my work done.

And today...  I had a birthday party for a 5 year old to attend, the child of a friend/friend of my child.  I spent the better part of the afternoon driving and standing around watching my child and others jump around on giant inflatables.  They had a great time and I love watching the kids have fun.  And I enjoyed chatting with my friends, too.  Admittedly, I enjoyed all of this far more than I would have enjoyed working.

Notice I said the better part of the afternoon was spent in this celebratory endeavor.  So what about my morning?  And my evening?

I was playing Paplinko.  If you're not familiar, it's a free app that I have now downloaded to two iPhones and my Kindle.  I allegedly downloaded this game for my son, but clearly things have not gone as planned.  Certainly I saw the insanity of playing the same game on three different devices at the same time while my son was not in the room.  And even more certainly I saw the insanity of doing it again later in the day.

But you launch this ball and it bounces off pegs and you get points and coins.  When you run out of balls, if you have enough coins, you can "buy" more balls so you can keep playing.  And there are mulitpliers that make the pegs worth more and slime pits that steal your accumulated winnings.  And a treasure chest!  When you get a treasure chest, you can get all sorts of neat prizes!

I managed to get some of my work done in spite of the game.  I also managed to still get this post done. I am watching TV with my husband as I type because we have a tremendous amount of DVRed shows that really need to be viewed.

But Paplinko.  It's sitting on the arm of the couch, calling out to me, asking me to play it.

Shut up, Paplinko.

5 comments:

  1. I don't need any more procrastination help. Let's pretend I don't know about this game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually play the many games I have available to me. But this one sucked me in!

      Delete
  2. I have so far avoided being sucked into iPhone game apps - I can't afford the time. But some of them do look fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me. I do not have the time at all. I barely have time to breathe. However, I also don't have the mental capacity to do much lately either so it's a nice distraction from reality.

      Delete