Saturday, September 1, 2012

What I Have.

I have dog food and treats, shampoo and ear cleaner.

I have plenty of old dog beds and blankets, the car cover and his old steps he never really used.

I have leashes and collars.  There's a bin full of toys.

I have the beef scented bubbles you can blow out of a motorized bubble blowing gun.

I have coupons for more dog food.

Those treats I mentioned?  They have a their own special container in its own special spot on the counter.

Those dog beds and blankets?  There is a space set aside just for them on the living room floor.

There are two sets of bowls.  There's a tray to catch his drippings.  We have an airtight container to hold the food that a frisky puppy would steal out of cabinets.

I have an abundance of what I like to call "shit bags," which are exactly what the name implies.

I have doggie breath mints, senior doggie vitamins and half a bottle of painkillers.

I have all this stuff.

But I don't have a dog anymore.

Rest in peace, Pup.

Dexter Terrence Dogg III
August 15, 1998 - August 31, 2012

6 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry for your loss. He will always be in your heart. RIP Dexter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry. That is heartbreaking. And what a beauty he was! You did the right thing, but that doesn't make it easy, does it? Again, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He was so cute, even when he was old and gray. We knew it was coming and we knew it was time, but it still was so damn hard. :(

      Delete