Let me recap August for you.
- 21/31 days I cooked dinner at home. That number includes the virus week when one night I made saltines and another night I made nothing.
- 6/31 days I exercised. The worst part of that is three of those days I was sick with the constantly mentioned virus. I'm going to really work on this for September.
- By the end of August I have completed 57.03 miles of my 100 mile walk/run goal.
- I only had soda one time in August, which is huge because I love me some soda.
- I am down 4 pounds.
Here are my September goals:
- I'm doing a 30 day crunch challenge. The last day is 165 crunches, but I'm not going to think about that right now.
- I'm also doing a 30 day jumping jack challenge because I like to go overboard. The last day is 750 jumping jacks, but I'm not going to think about that right now.
- I'm shooting for 30 miles of run/walk in 30 days. I'm not sure that's attainable, but we'll see.
- If I can't walk/run outside, I will allow marching in place inside as a substitute. 30 minutes will equal 1 mile for the record. I think that's fair.
- No breakfast or lunches from outside the house on weekdays. Eating at home only.
- Eat at home as much as possible for dinner, and that does not mean taking dinner from a restaurant to the home. However, if we eat leftovers from a takeout meal, that counts.
I'm headed to the Type A Parent Conference at the end of the month, so I know that's going to put a strain on some of my challenge goals. Ideally I can hit the gym at the hotel in the mornings. I'll just do the best I can and make sure that the rest of the month is as good as possible so that a few days of diversions doesn't derail me.
Also, today is an anniversary for me. I have not had any alcohol for a year. I wrote a whole post about it, but it's not ready. Or maybe I'm not ready. I'm sure I'll share it eventually, just not yet. But I will tell you this: I truly believe that of all the decisions I make daily regarding my health, this one just may be the most important.
Happy September everyone. I'll see you here next Wednesday for Week 5.