Friday, January 27, 2012

How Did This Happen?

I have a general tendency to over-think things and to get ahead of myself, so how this thought eluded me until now is beyond all comprehension:

I had a baby.  That baby will grow up into a boy, turn 5 and end up in kindergarten.

I shouldn’t say I was completely oblivious to this little tidbit.  Somewhere in his very early days I did the math and figured out that he would start kindergarten in September of 2012.  But that sounded so far away back then.  

Suddenly, this morning, it occurred to me.  It’s 2012.  Like, right now.

I need to register him.  I’m going to have to walk him to school.  And then, at the end of the day, I’ll have to pick him up from school, too!  He’s going to have homework.  He’s going to have a permanent record!

Honestly, how did this happen?  I ordered a baby.  I figured I could deal with a baby.  I could be responsible enough for a baby.  But a Big Boy?  A five-year-old?  A kid in SCHOOL?
Who authorized this?  How did this happen?  I don't know if seven months is enough time to get ready for this.

~~~~~~
Thanks for reading!  If you find me at all amusing, please consider following this blog.  You can also share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.  There are icons for that around here somewhere...


But wait, there's more!


You can like me on Facebook HERE!



2 comments:

  1. Time sure does fly and some of those milestones can really smack you in the face. Starting school is an adventure. I'm sure it will prove to be a good muse for future blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine what is going to happen as I try to navigate the public school system, PTA meetings and the like!

      Delete