Sunday, August 22, 2010

August

I love August for one reason only - because I love fall and August means that summer is almost over. Fall is beautiful, the weather is wonderful. One of those hot days comes along and I remember why I like warm days. It's a time of new beginnings (I always want to go buy new pencils and notebooks, even though I have no use for them!) - new goals, new ideas, new "I want to finish XYZ before the new year" type things.

This year is no different. Nathan is starting a new school on September first. I may or may not be starting a new work arrangement that same day. This means new routines for everything. We never really settled into much of a routine in the new house and it shows. I am trying to think it through remembering about Murphy's Law and that old saying of whatever can go wrong will.

And of course I'm still trying to work on my goals of losing weight (down 3.2 pounds this week), frugal and green living and cooking whole foods from scratch. I want to get back to blogging on a regular basis, grow a readership and actually capture and retain interest. I am trying to figure out what I want this space to be for exactly and I can't narrow it down. I think for now it will remain a hodge-podge of what I'm thinking about at any given point in time. But I'm open to hearing suggestions of what my readers find interesting for me to talk about.

So here's to the end of August, the beginning of a new month, a new season and new opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment